Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

To start it off

As many of you know, I'm not one for openness on the internet. What can I say, I was raised by a secretive Cobol programmer who worked for a bank. That means I'm not shy just cautious, suspicious, and not inclined to use my real name (it's only paranoia if they aren't actually out to get you). But here it is, The Real Deal.
It's oddly similar to taking a shower out in the desert, great views, but sort of all exposed.
And the reason I've decided to start blogging all out in the open and exposed is that I've written a novel--actually my third, but the others are not exactly publishable--and it's time to crawl out from the rock I've been writing under and see what the real world is like.

The title that brought this recluse to the surface is THE ACCIDENTAL GODMOTHER, a YA fantasy novel with a strong female lead. 

Now someone might ask "Why did a scientist write a YA fantasy novel?" and there's only one answer: I had to! It was rattling around in my head keeping me awake at night. I needed to get it out of my head before it started interrupting my other work. But then, like potato chips, I needed to write another one, and another one. Now I don't know if I can stop, but I know I don't want to. Ever. I am a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.