Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

SNEs

Okay, I promise (as in cross-my-heart-hope-to-die promise) that this blog will not descend into the darkness of "my baby is *so* cute."
Having said that, I just needed to share (uh-oh, not another inappropriate sharing event), but my daughter has a new skill: disrobing. She's getting better at it. In fact, she does it well enough that we've coined a term for it: Spontaneous Naked Events or SNEs (bonus points to those of you who thought this post was going to be about the second generation console from Nintendo).
So the other day, while talking to my mother on the phone, my daughter ran into the room, buck naked, swinging her shirt over her head--I swear, I don't know where she get's this from--and laughing maniacally.
I said "Mom, I've gotta go. I've got an SNE."
"SNE?"
"Yeah, spontaneous naked event."
"Oh," then in a hushed whisper, "oh. Good luck, honey."

Yup, that's my life in a nut shell, just one step away from an SNE at any minute. Ah, to be two again.

(and of course I have an acronym for it. I get paid through grants from NASA, the acronym names are made of!)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what it is about kids and nudity, but I sure remember my naked days. Ah, the freedom!

    Love the acronym, btw. I'm thinking it should be pronounced "sneeze". Think NASA would approve?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.