Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Strange, I thought there'd be more random in random....


I’ve come to the conclusion that maybe I’m trying too hard. Yeah, I know, not very surprising given my overachiever tendencies. So today I’m going to talk about Blogger. 

Yeah, I know, blogger? Who wants to hear about blogger? 

As a highly trained observer (yeah, I’ve been training in the sciences for over a decade now), I spend more of my brain cells than I’d care to admit remembering stuff from the day (and often from many days previous). Lately, the comment verification words have been strangely appropriate. 

I keep getting words that have something to do with writing: Novel, editor, writering (yeah, seriously). Blogger doesn’t always give me these great words. Once while I vacillated (to post the comment or not), my verification word let me know exactly what blogger thought of my indecision: dumbing. I guess that makes Blogger a verbifyer. 

I could go on, but I sometimes wonder if there’s a sort of Dr. Horrible watching over blogger saying to himself “what verification word would just put him over the edge today?” 

Or maybe it could be a benevolent, yet sentient computer program that’s taken pity on us writer types. 

Or maybe Blogger really can augur the future, and is just giving us hints, one verification word at a time. 

Or maybe I’m just a little too tired and should try caffeine. Yeah, probably the caffeine…

1 comment:

  1. Caffeine is always appropriate.

    I still think I should do a conlang from all of the words I've received in verification. I don't normally get "real" words, but I've saved a few and there's a certain...elegance to the words put together. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.