Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

The Lazy Days of Summer

I know, I should be elated that it's back to school time. Which I am. My daughter is so excited and I'm excited for her.

But let's face it: I'm not ready for the end of summer!


I don't like the hectic schedules of school time. It seems like school causes the schedule to explode. And add to it all the other obligations, like writing and working and helping with homework (what moron thought it would be a good idea to send kindegardeners home with homework? All it tests is how much the parents are involved), and it's a miracle anything gets done.

Now that that's out of my system, I guess I should get back to working on my writing while I still have a chance.

::swishes cape dramatically before stalking back to the writing cave::
 

6 comments:

  1. Rena, yet again I'm going to say the words "ME TOO!" to you. I swear I'm always saying that on your blog!!! (Regardless of the post!)

    Today was the first day of school. I'm not ready. And it's too late. I'm SO stoked for fall weather, but I'm not ready to give up summer yet. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're heading towards the end of winter in Australia, so bring on spring for me. Although I will miss toasting my butt in front of the fire.

    Also helps that my sons are self-sufficient and I'm school free too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And there's my reason for today why I'm glad to not have any kids. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, no kids for me yet, so my summer doesn't end until the Renfest season is over at the end of september.

    Also, nice cape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sad to see them go back too. For us, it also means the start of football season, which totally absorbs my time because my husband and I are stupid enough to do booster stuff, so that totally means hours and hours of extra work each week for little thanks and a whole lot of parent belly aching and complaining.

    yes, I did have a bad day today, is it obvious?

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be honest, the start of school reminds me of fall, my favorite time of the year. Too bad Autumn in Michigan is so short.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.