Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stupid stuff that makes me smile


This morning I popped open a fresh box of tea. I love the smell of tea. It is ridiculous. I love it brewed, I love it in leaves, I love tea. And of course, in the afterglow of awesome breakfast tea smell, I started thinking about all the other great but stupid stuff that makes me smile. 

For instance, I love the smell of pepper tree blossoms; the taste of fresh cut hay; the smell of rain on cement (not asphalt); the sound of the rain on my roof; the feel of falling into water when you’re still all dry; that feeling of relief when you finish all your classes for the semester; when my cat sits next to me on the couch and purrs; the smell of a new book.

My list could go on forever, but I gather we’ve all got stuff to do today. 

What silly things do you love?

3 comments:

  1. New school supplies; clean notebooks; those days when you get a shiny new idea and you can't write down the details fast enough; those days of cooldown between summer and fall; lemon zest; cleaning house first thing in the morning so that I get to enjoy it the whole rest of the day; fitting into my skinny jeans (a rarity!); pink lemonade over shaved ice; manicures; thunderstorms, because they allow me to spend all day in my duck pajamas watching bad Lifetime movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, of course, FUZZY BABY KITTEHS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm a big fan of fuzz therapy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.