Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Funday


Pretty much today is the day full of stuff I shouldn’t be doing. I won’t go into details, but I’m spending some well earned time with a frumpy superhero (I have some work time scheduled this weekend, so it all evens out). But while I’m taking my new superhero powers for a spin around the galactic neighborhood, I thought I’d send a couple of shouts out to a couple of contests.

This one ends today, but it’s a great idea. Post your first 250 words of your YA or MG novel and see if real teens want to read more. I know it sounds pretty simple, but there you have it. They have some nifty looking prizes, so I, as always, recommend giving it a go. Besides possibly winning some feedback from some teens (who are knee deep in publishing, mind) isn’t such a bad thing.

Then there’s a query critique to be had over at Rene Collins. All you have to do is post about your Best Writer Friend, you know, that one person who keeps you going in writing. The query critique will be given by a real live agent and everything.

Now back to saving the universe and changing diapers.




1 comment:

  1. Might have to check out that one about best writer friend. My critique partner Rusty keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.