Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ironically Bonded... is that like being a disenfranchised member of generation X?


So I gave my very first exam ever on Thursday, and my students still don’t know I’m a fraud. All in all, I’d say it looks like I might just live through this experience and have an awesome teaching resume to start hunting for jobs.

That being said, I have a Learn from my Fail.

See, spell checker, it’s your own personal frenemy. It helps you out when you don’t really need it, but when you least expect it, it stabs you in the typo. There was only one typo on the exam (That’s pretty good for me considering I had to rewrite the whole thing the day before I actually gave it: like I said, the learning curve for teaching a lecture course is steep).

It read “Graphite is ironically bonded.”

A student came up to me during the exam and asked if it was right. I told him no, it should be ionically bonded, “ironically bonded is what you’ll be with your classmates at the end of the semester.”

Spell checker, sometimes I hate you, sometimes I love you. No matter what, I watch my back whenever you’re around.

1 comment:

  1. You've gotta watch your back with that dratted Spell-checker!


    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?

    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.