Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ack! Where'd my time go?


My Mom is visiting, and I always forget how the time just slips away when she visits. We’ve been watching movies (seriously, just go see Avengers, it is awesomtastic!) going to the bookstore, buying tools and shopping for shoes. Yup, that’s how we roll in my family.

Since this is the weekend, I’m going to keep things quick.

The Writer’s Voice entries are up. Go check them out. If you remember them from their first postings, I’m sure you’ll see how much more amazing they’ve been made over the last week and a bit. Check them out:


Aren’t they awesome?

There are almost 12 more hours to vote for my pen name and comment here to enter yourself for one of my fab prizes. I’ll announce the winner on Monday.

And maybe the most important of all: THERE’S A SOLAR ECLIPSE TOMORROW!!!!! I told y’all I’m nerdy. So we are going to scope out a place to take a picture. I’m in Albuquerque, so it should be a good opportunity to get a nice picture. We’ll see. There are lots of other places in the US that will see the “Ring of fire.” Which is to say, it’s not  a full solar eclipse where the land goes into twilight and the corona is revealed, and that’s because the moon is at apogee (which means it’s at its farthest point in its orbit around the earth). Since it’s so far away, it won’t fully cover the sun (a mere 95%, in fact), but it should be one heck of a show.

I’d love to see a full eclipse. I may start booking a vacation for the next one. Summer in Oregon... in 2017. Patience, never was one of my virtues.

2 comments:

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.