Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

An award


So the very sweet Kate at Kate the Novelist gave me an award. I decided to post as fast as possible since I have a tendency to let these just sit around, I’ve decided to post my TMI today (within a week! That’s a record for me lately).

And if you haven’t seen the Kreativ award, here are the rules (oh yeah, I’m going to break them)

1. Link back to the person who awarded you
2. Answer the questions below
3. Share ten random facts about yourself
4. Nominate seven worthy blogs for the award

Questions:
What's your favorite song?
Okay, so I’m that annoying person who plays songs over and over again (sorry, but yeah, it’s totally me) and right now, the song that I cannot get out of my mind is On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons 



What is your favorite dessert?
Crème Brule 

When you're upset, what do you do?
Chocolate, wine, ruthlessly rub some snot out into the boards (if he’s nice) or the net (if he’s not). Okay, that’s a lie, I actually play very clean when I’m upset. All my hockey penalties are cold calculated retaliations (like the time one of the guys honked my breast repeatedly… yeah, that didn’t end well for him). 

Which is/was your favorite pet?
My pony Bridgette from when I was a kid. She was a mean ornery horse who broke into the house to steal apples out of the fruit bowl. I miss her. 

Which do you prefer to wear, white or black?
Black. Trench coat. Cape. You know, whatever I’ve got laying around.

What is your biggest fear?
Without a doubt: Nuclear warfare/terrorism. Absolutely terrifying.
Second place is bolide impactors, FYI, and if they don’t scare you, look up Apophis on Wikipedia and note that the chances of an impact is 1 in 250,000. If you buy lottery tickets, then that number should scare your pants off. 

What is your attitude, mostly?
Right, attitude, well I’m sure you’ve guessed by now that I’m somewhat bombastic, but there’s something more to it than that. I see the world differently from most people. I blame my mother, but I have two stories that pretty much bracket my attitude.

Story 1: One day, I saw that I’d run over a screw and my tire was definitely about to be flat. I drove straight over to the car dealership because some silly tire care package had come with the car when we’d bought it. When I went inside to ask about whether tire repair was covered they tried to fleece me. They gave me the run around about how they didn’t know what my package covered, and that it would cost me $25 to repair the tire, but they handled flats for no charge. At this point I was a little pissed because they were just being lazy not checking my exact contract. The guy behind the counter said “Well, you could always drive it around until it goes flat and we’ll cover it then, or you could pay the $25 to have it fixed right now.”

I looked at the guy behind the counter. “You cover flats? Alright, I’ve got a pair of pliers in the trunk. I’ll have a flat in just a minute.”

Needless to say, they took care of my tire free of charge.

Story 2: One of my early jobs was working as an animator for educational films (not as glamorous as it sounds to be a computer animator btw). When a project that I’d been working on for weeks had to be redone from scratch because of a strange technical error (one pixel wide lines dance on the screen, FYI), my boss told me being very careful to do so in a calm environment.

I said “Okay,” and turned back to the computer to get to work.

She said, “You took that way too well. Aren’t you upset?”

“Seriously, you pay me by the hour. No big.” 


What is perfection?
Viognier paired with ripe Bartlett pears (preferably picked from the tree) and havarti. 

What is your guilty pleasure?
The entire Halo video game franchise.

10 Other Random Things
1. Han shot first.
2. I love and loathe sewing costumes.
3. Not only are there books in every room of the house, but there are currently books on every horizontal surface (foot of the bed, coffee table, couch, armrest, floors, kitchen table, counters, even on the piano).
4. I am a complete tom boy who also likes sweet girlie girl books (just read and LOVED The SELECTION, go get it, it is awesome).
5. I once won a steer daubing contest by not bolting out the front of the chute. When the cow saw he wasn’t being chased, he stopped. I rode up on my horse (who was deathly afraid of cows) and nailed the cow with my mop. #theglorydays
6. I was once in a Car vs Paraglider incident, but the other guy flew away.
7. I have an enormous collection of cartoon soundtracks.
8. We named the dog Indiana.
9. I used to drive a bright pink VW Bug. It had some class, but my friends called it pepto. My brother murdered it, or I’d still be driving it.
10. I joined twitter and I fear I will never get anything else done.

And the winners of the award are:

Here’s where I break the rules. I’m not handing any out right now. I’m holding them back for a special occasion… It might take a while, so patience will be rewarded, just you wait.

I’m swamped in so many silly things right now, and I know everyone is pretty much in the same boat, so I have a question: How’s it going with your work right now? In rejection hell? Getting requests? Polishing that novel? Fighting with first/765th drafts? A combination???

8 comments:

  1. Yes!!! Han shot first! Give Indiana a pat for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm strongly of the opinion that the greatest tragedy of our time is that George Lucas changed that scene.

      Delete
  2. Oh man! I wish I had a pony!

    And creme brule?? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pony was both torture and joy (but definitely more joy!)

      Delete
  3. I want to get a dog named Indiana too! Great random facts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the dog is great, but it took a really long time for him to grow out of the eating the couches and carpets and walls and books and... I think you get the idea.

      Delete
  4. Man, thank you for a great Friday morning laugh. Where do I begin. The flat tire thing SO not me. LOL. I'd pay them the money just to get it fixed. I'm dumb like that. And I LOVE your pony. Yay, for ornery. Congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. twitter is that intriguing? and i can see you driving a pink bug, with gossamer wings =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.