Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hello NaNo!



I’m a complete fool. No really, an utter fool. Here I am starring down a little over one hundred pages of revisions, a deadline, and NaNo???

Madness I tell you.

Well, maybe not all madness all the time. See, I’ve been working hard on this dissertation thing (see the progress bar? I’m such a big fan of progress bars!), and I think I need a little less stick and a bit more carrot in my life. So I’m doing NaNo.

I know, I said I wasn’t, but don’t worry, I’ve never actually joined NaNo and done it. I’ve Joined and procrastinated doing NaNo, or used NaNo to leverage myself into something else.

Well not this year… Or maybe exactly this year. Either way, I’ll be joining friends writing, blogging a little less, and basically, I’ll be turning my awesome book idea into a, yanno, book.

For the record, I’ll be working on The Princess Singularity. It still needs a whole back half, and that could be 50,000 words. If I get to the end and I haven’t reached 50K, then I’ll be going back to the beginning to rewrite from scratch all the things I screwed up the first time around. In short, I’m breaking the rules, but I’m a rule breaker…

Okay, I may or may not actually be such a painfully law abiding citizen that I wait at the corner to cross the street until the light changes, even when there are no cars… sometimes (read: pretty much every morning).

Right. To NaNo!

(as a side note, I think that may have just become my new battle cry).

10 comments:

  1. Lol! Good luck with Nano, and all the rest of it! You're very brave. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! What a great battle cry. Good luck with Nano.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, Jenn and Jenny- Thank you. I have no idea how it will go, but I'm in the thick of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Are we buddies on the site yet? @fairbetty You'll do great, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with NaNo. I sometimes find myself waiting at traffic lights too - even when other people are crossing around me (I put it down to being so dreamy I don't even notice).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with NaNo. I'm sure you can get it going!

      Delete
  6. Awesome!
    I'm doing a rebellious Nano myself as I try to finish the WIP I started in June. If you want another buddy look up 'Larkk' and I'll buddy you right back. :)

    And honestly, I think the only real rule when it comes to Nano is 'write lots of words!'

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.