Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

NaNo personality



Strange how NaNo makes me... boring. Okay, that could be a bit dramatic, but I’ve been turning in some pretty good word counts and yet, there’s something missing:

Explosions.

I’m 9,000 words in and I have yet to explode a thing!!!

I mean that must be a record for me or something, 9,000 words without a single thing go boom? No fist fights, no ambushes, no attacks, nothing. And what’s worse, my MC has taken two baths in that time. Errgh. Well, I guess it’s a good thing the rest of the world will never see these pages.

So tell me, am I the only one who suffers from NaNo style (or a general lack thereof) when the fingers hit the keyboard?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, at least your MC is clean! ;)

    You are SO not alone, I am actually having the exact same problem over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh, yes. So much dreck that no one will ever see is in this word count of mine!
    The thing is, I've always surprised myself with what emerges in the course of all the writing. I think you will too.
    Now I'm off to write a few explosions. That might be just what my novel is missing. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.