Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Cleaning up my act

So, things are starting to get busy in a very hopeful sort of way, but in my personal life. It's starting to leak into my writing life, as in, I haven't been writing because I've been doing all the little things that get delayed on a house. Like today I'm back to painting if the weather holds.

But I'm also doing some maintenance on the ole blog. As it turns out, a post for query contests that ended 8 months ago has been my top producing post. It's pretty crazy, but I think someone must have linked to it, or a bot got a hold of it, or something. So I'm going to pull it down.

I'm actually going to be pulling a lot of posts down. Mostly just the ones that are about current event stuff that's no longer current. I'll probably also put together some more professional looking pictures for the bio and what not. In short, I'm cleaning up my act.

6 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing your changes. I need to do this with a couple of pages on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gasp* Say it isn't so! LOL. My highest hitting post was about a mystery guest blogger, and a good portion of my traffic comes from Russia. Not sure what that means. Maybe Russians like mystery guests? Maybe they're just cheese fans. Hm. Food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even looked to see what my highest hitting post was! I never think to consider these sorts of things, perhaps I should.
    I look forward to seeing your changes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog-cleaning is great fun. I have a few posts which used to get a disproportionate amount of visits, but not so much any more. I'm off to check out my recent stats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, blog-house-work? I thought blogging was a good excuse for not doing the housework. This cannot be right! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting to watch ones stats, but then even the weird posts bring them in, so I say let it be at my bin.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.