Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Falling behind

Eeek, this is a pretty big week. I'm not going to list all of the mundane reasons for that here, but one of the somewhat less mundane reasons is that I'm in Query Kombat. It's the first round, so if you feel like a lark, you can go here and read the my entry (I'm Dr. Thermo). It's a head to head style contest (or is it Kontest), so one of us is going home. It's a brutal format because the judges literally have to pick one over the other, and that can't be easy. Anyone can comment, but no cheerleading is allowed in the early rounds (here's a post on how to comment in the Kontest). And I'm now completely off topic.

My point for this entry is that I've fallen behind on some big things. Big, BIG things, so I need to take a break from blogging. Every time I take a break, I've noticed that I really don't take much of a break, but I'm noticing that this is  a simple impossibility over the next few weeks. So for a couple weeks (hopefully two), I'm going on a blogger diet. I won't be commenting as much (but you can bet I'm still reading, cause I'm like that), and I certainly won't be posting as often. On the plus side, in a few weeks, I should be caught up enough to reveal new stuff on the ol'blog.... Right, who am I kidding. If I'm lucky, I'll be knee deep in Act III by the time I come back, and that never lends itself to pursuits other than Act III.






p.s. Me taking a break does not interrupt my insecure writer's post!


8 comments:

  1. Happy blog break and best of luck with the query challenge. Every time I say I'm going to take a break, I get sucked back in. I guess I'm a blog junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the contest and enjoy your break! I'm going to go check out your entry now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo! Good luck in Query Kombat! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck in catching up on big things. Blogging is a nice brain break from all the things I should be doing. I think I need it a little bit, sort of like a Zoloft. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I have to go over and check out your entry. Enjoy your time slimming away the internet minutes. I look forward to your return. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck with Query Kombat! See you when you're back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for your kombat! sounds like you were well received! awesome job!

    and you deserve a break!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on catching up with life and stuff. Enjoy your break!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.