Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Princesses or Roller Coasters

An opportunity came up. I took it. With less than 48 hours notice, I planned and packed my family up for a trip to Disneyland.

I love the mouse. I'm sorry if you aren't a fan, but it's my jam.

So we're driving over the grape vine, when I notice: hey, my throat is a little sore. Maybe I'm allergic to LA (yakno, with all the smog and stuff). But never you mind, we are on our way to D-land. By five o'clock on the day of Disney, it was clear: I have a cold.

We had a blast. When asked what her favorite part was, my daughter said "Meeting the princesses!" So that was totally worth it. After getting off Big Thunder Roller coaster, she said "Well, if we can't go meet more princesses [fantasyland closes for the fireworks], then we need to get on a roller coaster!"

Yup, that's my daughter, inadvertently summing up my life. So, words of wisdom from a five year old.

And just one picture, because, like I told Marry Poppins as I was taking the picture, I wish I was the one in it!

Practically perfect in every way.


(someday, I'm going to go to Disneyland with my own autograph book and take pictures with all of my favorite princesses)


10 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a cold, but sounds like it was fun anyway. I'll admit I've enjoyed visiting both Disneyland and Disney World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your cold didn't ruin your fun too much. I'm not good with crowds so Disneyland wouldn't be my favourite place to go. Your daughter looks like she's having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe what a great look-a-like the character is for Julie Andrews - and what a gorgeous daughter you have! I have three sons 'sigh' so no pretty dresses and Mary Poppins pictures in our house.

    Glad you all had a great time - impromptu holidays are always hectic, but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. My hubby has always loved Disney and used to hit Disney World with his family. I did the Disneyland thing twice growing up, but we took our honeymoon at Disney World. Big fat surprise that 14 years later we're living here. Season passes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to your wise little girl!!! As adults, we need to learn to appreciate those roller coasters a little more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I know I sound like one of those stupid adult-types here, but seriously: how the frack has she grown up so much in six months? O_o Love that she's big on both princesses and roller coasters, though, doesn't surprise me at all. Heh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you know, the usual: manure in the boots.

      I jest (mostly). I'm going to go with, it's the fresh country air--that and the whole six months thing in a time when she's still growing three and four inches a year. o_o For Reals, she wears clothes intended for a seven year old, and could ride solo on most of the rides--thankfully they all have an age limit too.

      Delete
  7. Sorry you got a cold, but it sounds like you had lots of fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wtf. Blogger keeps eating my comments. I'm about to flip a table.

    Anyway, what i originally wrote was:

    OMG! So cute!
    And boooooooooooourns on being sick. That sucks hardcore

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! I'm actually jealous. (Other than the having a cold part.) I'm a big Disney fan, too. :) Hoping to take our kids to Disney World in a few years.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.