Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Not Dead Yet

I should have known better. I started a new job and that's when I tend to drop off the radar. Which brings me nicely to my current insecurity. 

Turns out, I don't have particularly productive summers. I mean sure, I queried a lot. I painted a lot. I made a cover for a book that's going to come out soon (more on that another day). And that's when it hit me: I'm so wrapped up in productivity being word count or pages edited, that I completely forget the whole rest of the business part of writing. There is JUST So Much. And while I'm trying to stay positive and keep moving on my WIP, I have to give myself a break because I've done a ton of other work this summer. 

If this were a learn from my fail, that would be: word count isn't the only measure of productivity (nor is productivity the only measure of a life!).

Anyhow, hop on the Blog hop, say hi to the Ninja Captain, and give a shout out to the cohosts: Renee Scattergood, Sadira Stone, Jacqui Murray, Tamara Narayan, and LG Keltner!

3 comments:

  1. Dealing with the business side of writing is hard. It feels like it takes away from time you should be writing and revising. Yet it helps us develop skills in that area. And it turns out to be worth it when a story finally gets published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you re word count. I never saw the value in producing a high volume of words per day. One great paragraph does it for me. Now I just have to find a way to get going with doing at least one mediocre paragraph. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr Itua email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and whatsapp nUmber +2348149277967 Dr Itua herbal medicines cure my herpes and hepatitis completely and it has been 3 years now there has been no outbreak, I'm so happy that I'm finally cured.
    Dr Itua can cure the following diseases; Herpes, Hiv, Copd, Diabetes, Parkinson, Hepatitis, Cancer, Lymes,

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.