Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Yay, blog awards


The ever sweet Kathy at Imagine Today gave me the versatile blogger award wrapped up with a Fabulous Ribbon (Thank you!). As you all know, I’m a rule breaker, but today I’m planning to not break rules, or rather, break the rules I want.

The Rules for Versatile Blogger are:
1. Thank and link back to person who gave you award (done)
2. List the rules (right here, watch me go)
3. List seven random facts about yourself (find those below)
4. Nominate 10 people for the award and notify them (I’m breaking this one)

Seven Random facts about me: (I’ve done these a few times now, so I’m sorry if I’m starting to repeat, I’m not that interesting…)
1. My two biggest fears are nuclear bombs and bollide impactors
2. I know exactly two songs that I can play all the way through on the piano despite owning a baby grand (I inherited it from someone who could really play).
3. I have a scar on my leg from the exhaust pipe of a 1960 corvette. For the longest time, I took the crescent moon shape of my scar as an indication that my super powers were bound to come in any day. (And unless dark humor is a super power, they have yet to come in. I’m waiting…)
4. I once walked past one of those “find a pearl in an oyster” stands in Hawaii. The guy heckled me asking me to “Pick a pearl, pick a pearl.” I told him it wouldn’t be fair to him, and he asked why. “Because I’m going to pick an oyster with two matching black pearls, and you’re never going to be the same.” I had no idea what I was saying, but he scoffed at me sort of rudely. I said. “I warned you,” and picked an oyster. Out popped two matched black pearls. The guy nearly passed out. I had the pearls set in a pair of earrings. (I still don’t know how that happened).
5. I once got tipped for letting someone else merge into a line of traffic at a ferry terminal (seriously, 5 bucks, but when I went to give it back, he’d already landed his ferry and left).
6. I was so happy when I saw they were rereleasing the Sailor Moon Manga that I jumped up and down and doing the happy dance in Hastings. (And they’re doing a remake of Sailor Moon, but I’m sort of scared, what if it’s not as awesome… The fears we have to live with.)
7. I wish I could get many of the clothes my daughter wears in my size.

The Rules for Fabulous Blog Ribbon are:
1. Post the rules
2. Name five of your most fabulous moments in real life or in the blogosphere
3. Name five things you love
4. Name five things you hate
5. Pass it to five other blogger

Five of my most fabulous moments
1. The cliché moment, but my life just changed when my daughter was born.
2. I once woke up from a dream that made me feel so powerful that I wrote a novel about it in less than a month. Trying to share that feeling of empowerment is why I still write.
3. Dueling in Sleeping Beauty’s Castle.
4. Every time I’ve stood at the top of a mountain and looked out across the landscape below.
5. Yule Ball at Dragon*Con. Absolutely fabulous.

Five things I love:
1. Comic books
2. Portal Stories/magical girls/horse/talking animal/dragons/unicorns (preferably all in one book).
3. Dessert
4. The smell of a freshly opened box of tea. Do they put crack in that?
5. Standing in the rain.

Five things I hate:
1. I hate that despite having to pay into unemployment, my job doesn’t allow me to qualify for unemployment benefits (how is that fair?).
2. I hate that dessert has calories.
3. I hate when movies use infants and dogs to up the tension in a movie. Cheap, do better work Hollywood!
4. And speaking of Hollywood, I hate that I’ve wasted both time and money on Uwe Boll’s movies. It was before I knew to pay attention to things like directors, but seriously? Wing Commander? That may actually be the worst movie ever.
5. I hate that most of my favorite songs are one hit wonders. As in I wonder where they got that from?


Okay, if you’ve made it this far, Thanks! I’m not passing these on today, but some day really soon.

3 comments:

  1. Lol, we have a lot in common. :) Under things you love, #2, 3 and 4 are big for me, too. :) And I loved Sailor Moon! I've let my kids watch some episodes off the web, they thought it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! I love learning about my bloggie friends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe your superpower is finding black pearls.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.