Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dragon*Con

I love going to Dragon*Con. There's something about hanging out with that many people who are all interested in the same things I am. And then of course there's the costumes. I start sewing months (literally) before the con because that's how long it takes, so it doesn't impact the rest of my life (or in this last case my dissertation).

And I really do love sewing. I love taking this:















And turning it into this:
Yes, I sewed the man too.



















This year I made two Iroh costumes (from legend of Korra, and The last airbender), a green lantern McGonnugol, Cirdan the shipwright, and a yellow lantern Dr. Horrible.



Take that, Belatrix!
And I have to say, going as Green Lantern as a witch was one of the best experiences ever. I had little kids coming up to me to ask for my picture. They wanted to know why they hadn't ever seen a green lantern witch on the show. It was too cute.

In fact, the whole con was so much fun, we bought tickets for next year. Now all I have to do is figure out what to wear...

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I can't believe you made that. I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks. You should see some of the costumes there. I was seriously outclassed in the costume department. Most of the people there were already working on their costumes for next year @_@

      Crazy dedicated.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh. SO jealous of your talent. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, all of sewing is patience and bravery. After that, it's just experience.

      It's strangely similar to writing.

      Delete
  3. completely cool! what do you do for halloween?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, but I haven't done Halloween in years. For some reason, I always catch the flu just in time for Halloween, or I'm in an impossible place to do anything for it.

      Though, I did dress up as an elf to go to the Hobbit party at a nearby bookstore...

      Delete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.