Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Milestones

As many of you know, I have a daughter who is cute beyond measure. That particular attribute may be the only reason she's still alive considering her late night antics.

She routinely wakes me in the middle of the night (though it's often just for a hug to make sure I'm okay *sigh*), and then gets up at 5:45. Yes, 5:45. That's almost a full hour before I need to get up, but every morning 5:45.

No, the time change doesn't help either.

So this morning I was shocked that she didn't come wake me up. She'd woken me up twice the night before, not sleeping well and having bad dreams, but that never translates into sleeping in. I got dressed and ready to go, but still she slept. I opened her door and turned on the light... snooze city. Finally I woke her up.

After she was dressed she told me she needed to go back to bed. Never has she asked to go back to bed. I'm stunned.

I can now clearly see what she'll be like as a teenager...


5 comments:

  1. There really is nothing like kids and their weird sleep schedules. On one hand you pray they sleep in, but when they actually do, you're worried something's wrong because they don't normally sleep that much...

    My son was sleeping through the night, but he stopped the last few weeks and now I'm lucky if he only wakes up once. *sigh* He's only woke up once the last few nights, so maybe he's going to go back to sleeping through the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Go back to bed yourself! ;)

    Jo
    In Which We Start Anew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. You should have gone back to bed too! What a sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hated waking them when they finally slept in! kids dont do patterns! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like my girls! My son is a good sleeper, but the girls are all up early and often up in the night as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.