Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

SPOILER ALERT: DOWNTON ABBEY




Right, so for some reason, when you buy Downton Abbey Season 3 on itunes, you get all the episodes that would have dribbled out through February all at once. Which means, I’ve seen all of Season 3 without having to go to the trouble of bribing my friends in the UK for bootleg copies.




And all I have to say is this:








MAJOR SPOILER ALERT






NO REALLY STOP READING NOW IF YOU DON:T WANT TO KNOW










Why oh WHY does Mr. Fellowes think it’s necessary to kill my very favorite characters?

It’s not like this is the Song of Ice and Fire, and Mr. Martin can just go traipsing about, murdering my favorite people. And seriously, those of you who have seen season three know EXACTLY who I’m talking about.

I am absolutely, positively, smurfing mad at the last scenes in Season three’s A Journey Into the Highlands. ERRG. I mean really? REALLY? WHY? I thought he’d get it in WWI. But now? Like that? And so close to Cybil. Oh, the whole thing breaks my heart.

I think I might have had a crush.

Now I’m crushed.

And I’m sitting here wondering: Why do I love these characters so very much? It’s not like this is a genre I even care about with dopy Mr. Mosely, and delicately beautiful Anna and Mr. Bates. The whole thing should be boring me to tears, and yet I’m completely hooked.

Anyone else in the throes of Downton Abbey waiting for season 4 already?

9 comments:

  1. AGH! I KNOW! I saw the entire season all at once, too, and Oh. My. Grapefruit!!!!!!

    I was expecting the last scene of Highlands because I'd read that "actor X" was leaving the show - how else were they going to write him out? A divorce in that family, in that time, would have been out of the question. They had to kill him off.

    Sybil, otoh, BLEW MY MIND! I didn't see it coming and it hit me like a truck! I don't know why I like the show, either. Definitely not a period drama type girl (give me slapstick or modern any day). But I love DA and can't wait for season 4!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sybil I thought was sacred somehow. The way they just led up to crisis blew me away, like there was nothing wrong until everything was wrong. I cried.

      And I can't wait for season 4!

      Delete
  2. I skipped to the bottom. Haha. I still haven't watched this show. I look at it on Netflix and think about watching that first episode but I don't do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is so fantastic, you should totally watch it.

      Delete
  3. Eeeee!!!! I haven't watched any of season three yet! But my whole facebook feed is full of spoilers and people are MAD, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know why people are mad. I'm trying not to be, but I feel like the family only just managed to get stuff together. Of course, that's why the writers went and killed someone...

      Delete
  4. I haven't started for fear of addiction. Maybe when I need a really good distraction I'll dive in. I do hear you though--I hate it when writers kill characters you love. *pointing to self* (Hypocrite.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh snap! I'm a hypocrite too. I totally kill off characters all the time. Hmmm... I may have to rethink the shaking fist at the world thing...

      Delete
  5. I just scrolled through becasue I didn't want to be spoiled, but I did have to say that I LOVE Downton Abbey. Back to your regular programming...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.