Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Not the usual thing: Mind of Mirror

I don't usually pimp things like Kickstarter projects, mostly because I never find out about them in time, or it's for something that EVERYONE else has already heard about.  Well, let me tell you, you haven't heard about this one yet.

This kickstarter campaign is for an album combined with a graphic novel called Mind of Mirrors. I'm a big fan of Dan and Leland, and I don't go off the crazy-fan-girl-deep-end very often. Dan and Leland's music was the reason I finished one of my novels. Hell, it's the reason I started the novel. I thought I'd run dry. I thought I'd run out. But the song picked me up and pulled me through. Music is powerful like that. But I never would have heard of Dan and Leland if it weren't for the fact that I met them a long time ago.

I went to high school with these amazing musicians. So I knew to go looking for their incredible music. You probably didn't go to the same high school (and seriously, if you did, say Hi! it's been ages!), so I thought I'd let you all know about these awesome musicians I met through accidents of fate and biology.

As writers, we are often looking for just that perfect song to encapsulate a character or a scene, and let me tell you these guys do that. Sample some of their music here. And seriously guys, go back their campaign here. It's going to be awesome; you want to be part of this. 


7 comments:

  1. Music has such an amazing power! I'm off to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music and fiction goes so well together - I always have music on when I write, usually just one CD that I play over and over again to set the tone. Best of luck to them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checking it out now. (Posted on this subject yesterday--the "m" word, not Dan and Leland.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always amazed at how much music affects me. When I'm in a sour mood (hard to believe that ever happens, I know) something Vivaldi or Steely Dan snaps me right out of it. You can see my taste isn't at all focused.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking back, i looooove your sword!
    and i am so glad you are here (for me too!)
    stick with it! (hows it going? email if time)

    ps, speaking of music, my son did a project at school to pick songs to go with a book & he used my book! thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.