Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

One Fandom

I don't know how many of you hang with the other nerds, but a friend of mine let me in on a game called One Fandom.

Its pretty simple, every movie an actor has starred in, is carried to the next roll.

For instance: In the reboot of Star Trek, we know Kirk is going to be Awesome because he is the son of Thor (Chris Hemsworth plays Kirk's father for a couple minutes).

There I was watching, Pacific Rim when I realized "Hey, that Jeager pilot is Buffy's boyfriend!"

So for the rest of the day, I kept imagining a One Fandom pitch for Pacific Rim: "Buffy's boyfriend, tired of being a mere human, trains to become a Jeager pilot to do battle with the Kaiju."


Do you have any good One Fandom moments?


P.s. Go watch Pacific Rim. While it is really short on women who get to do much, it's a fantastic movie with really awesome effects (I've changed what I want to be when I grow up: I wanna be a Jeager Pilot).

5 comments:

  1. blergh, i want to see Pacific Rim so bad. I wish i could find the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! What a fun game. I hadn't heard of this. And I haven't even heard of Pacific Rim either... oh man... I need to get out more! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I love sci-fi channel for that reason: they recycle all their actors, and you never know when a Warehouse 13 agent is going to pop up in a dystopian/alien infested society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm consider myself a nerd, but I probably hang out with writer nerds and Kdrama nerds more than gamers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to try and get my family to go see Pacific Rim, but surprisingly their response has been luke warm thus far. What's wrong with them?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.