Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Sewing Season

With the end of finals last week, and the start of classes next week, that means this week is officially known as Sewing Season.

I like to take costumes to Dragon*Con, so now's the time for me to crack the knuckles, oil the machine and get to work putting my costumes together. In years past this season has started on the last day of July. This year, I slacked off, but I'm not freaked out. I've got this under control (if only novels were that easy).

I'm only doing two this year, so we'll see how it goes, but here's a little taste of what I'm working on:

Why yes, that is my freeze ray...
 


9 comments:

  1. AWWWW!

    Are you going to watch Heroes of Cosplay on SyFy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter was so excited about Comic Con this year (through the Internet, not from actually being there), I'm sure we're going to have to go to one of these conventions sometimes in the future. Of course, my preference would be for LeakyCon (Harry Potter based).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun! I don't sow, but I admire people who do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you'll show us the whole costume in action! Sounds fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun. Please show us the end-result! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, there's a season for that? I am SO in the dark.

    Awesome! I can't wait to see the whole thing. (Which I could attend and see all the "stellar" for myself.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh that's awesome! Have fun at Dragon Con!

    ReplyDelete
  8. RENA! Did the sewing machine eat you? *gulp* Hey woman, I've nominated you for a blog award today. ;D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.