Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

October is for contests!



My rewrite of Query Bait: A Novel is nearing completion. It’s not an easy thing, but I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel. And as if to celebrate the nearly ready to go back to the trenches, all the blogs are holding contests!

And an as yet untitled contest from Writerly Rejects.
Also, there’s Miss Snark’s First Victim’s Baker’s Dozen which starts kicking off with Logline critiques coming up on the 30th (there are three rounds, so don’t worry, there’s plenty of time).

So, am I the only person in love with contests? I think it must be a sickness. Statistically speaking most people don’t get picked up from a contest, but I love the feedback and meeting all the other writers. Now back to rewriting and polishing so Query Bait can go back out into the world.

5 comments:

  1. Don't forget that Authoress will also host one last Secret Agent contest in October before a hiatus (for the baker's dozen).
    I'm actually in a place where i think i can enter some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally used to love contests. Now I'm just in love with giveaways. Shifting priorities, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love contests too, but haven't had anything to enter for months now.

    All the best with finishing Query Bait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hardly ever enter contests. I think it's that I'm lazy. No, I know it's that I'm lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for you, woman! go get em!
    love contests, wish i had more time to play in them!

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.