Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Dear Cruel world--

Take my dignity and run.

No really, today has been a day, a terrible day...


You know, maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong. Today, I paid $400 to have a not so pleasant dental procedure performed on my face. I'm swollen and cranky and for some amazingly stupid reason, I went back to work. Even with all of that, I'm very very thankful to have dental coverage, and to live in a part of the world where dental care is considered important. I'm thankful because we have dentists. I'm thankful because modern science made this possible, and I'm very thankful for bleach--cause, yeah, they used bleach on my dead tooth. And because of that, it's unlikely that I won't die of an impacted tooth, and yes, that is a common death for many people in impoverished parts of the world.

So yeah, I'm grouchy because my tooth was drilled out, and I'm sore and cranky, but I'm going to wake up tomorrow.

A+ to science and modern dentistry for today, because that was some serious nastiness, and I'm hoping it works (pretty, pretty please let that procedure work!).

(and for the record, I think I'm going to go read a book and eat some chocolate, well maybe not the chocolate because I'm not up to things like chewing. 


3 comments:

  1. Take some painkillers and go back to bed. It's what I did. Best to sleep through all the discomfort and wake up refreshed and ready to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you there; I had a root canal last month. >_< It wasn't fun and I hope to never have it done again, but you're right, knowing that we live in a place where we can get that sort of thing done is a bigger deal than it seems. Being free of dental pain is also a huge benefit; I didn't realize how much having a toothache for a month had taken out of me until it was over.

    Though I did take careful note of the sensations that came with having a part of my head drilled out. You know, for future story reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh. How did they use the bleach?
    And boo on dental procedures, but yay for living a life where we're able to get said dental procedures

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.