Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Waiting, Sleeping, and other things I am not good at



This past week, I’ve been in real estate negotiations with the very unenviable position of not having nearly enough money. If you’ve been in my shoes, you know what it’s like to be a bottom feeder. This whole past week has been like the first time I queried. I always have my phone on me, and every time it buzzes, I jump, hoping that it’s the calldreading that it’s the call.

This high alert status has led my body to kick back into emergency status sleeping routines. In short: I sleep 5 and half hours, then BAM! Awake.

*sigh*

This is nothing new, but I had hoped that at some point in my life I would have figured out how to make the whole sleeping thing work. And most frustrating, my SO sleeps for 10 or 12 hours at a stretch. EERRRG!

On the other hand, I’m always complaining that there aren’t enough hours in the day, so I’m just starting to tack them on at 3 and 4 am. Back to work for me, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the fun of house hunting. Just when we were about to give up, a very motivated seller hit the market and we stepped into a sweet deal. We're still in that house. It's a little small, but cozy is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.