Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I blinded them with science!

Well, at least I blinded them with the syllabus…

Today I gave my first lecture in a big lecture hall. Last semester they dumped a lecture class on me at the last minute, but there were only 35 students for that class. This time: 240. That’s right two hundred forty students, and there’s “room” for another 24. That’s a lot. That’s enough people to field two simultaneous football tournaments. That’s more than enough people to get your own post office. Some agents get fewer queries in a week.

And for the love of Copernicus, they all just sat there and listened to me as if I had something important to say. O_O

I am humbled. (or at least I’m delusional)

And there I was standing in the (literal) spotlight, and all I could think of was the theme song to Sailor Moon… luckily for all parties I did not break out in song on the first class.

Yeah, wow, and now I have to prep to do it all over again.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a big class. I remember sitting in classes like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I'm not sure I could stand up in front of 250 people and say anything intelligent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, I am incredibly impressed. This would be one of my worst nightmares :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lecture classes :) What can I say? I'm weird that way. I'm a bit of a knowledge junkie. Congrats on doing such a great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.