Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm hearing voices: Part 3

So it's the last day of the fantastic blog hop I'm Hearing Voices. If you haven't already, go stop by Cassie and Angie's blogs to get the scoop and take a stroll through all the emotional flash fic hitting the wall today. 


For my last entry, I'm bringing out Warwick, but first a few words. I want to thank Cassie and Angie for hosting a fantastic blog fest. I've thoroughly enjoyed wandering in and out of other people's blogs and finding new people. This has been a fantastic blog fest, and I'm so glad I hopped on.

Without further interruptions, here's a slice of Warwick's life.






There’s no way to be a Ward of the Star and a Knight. And the only way out of the Knights is death.

Staying will only hurt people. Hurt her.

This is the next phase, Warwick, pull it together. She hates you. There is literally nothing you can do to make her come back. Nothing. So it’s time to end this charade and think about the trillions of lives you have to save. Today. This is it, just pull it together and say goodbye.

It’s only everything you’ve ever known.

Shut up, voice, I don’t need your help.

She’ll only think you’re irrevocably dead. That’s all you have to do, break what’s left of her heart.

I can already see her crying—

No! This is the entire existence of every sentient being in the galaxy. How can this even be a question? One woman or every single life in the closest 200,000 light years? That’s not a choice.

She will hate you forever.

She already hates me.

I looked at the fake chakka in my hands and pressed my lips to the cold metal. Soon she will hold it. She’ll cry over it, and her hot tears will pass over my last kiss. When they find the chakka, they’ll assume I’m dead with it, the fools, but they’ll at least give it to her.

She’ll never see me alive again. Save the galaxy and destroy my life.

I dropped the chakka into the flaming char of ruin and walked away.



 

24 comments:

  1. Ohh, what a sad scene :( Such a heartbreaking choice to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, poor Warwick. Thanks for stopping by again. This has been fun.

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic Rena!!! I LOVE the internalization. I can feel his heartbreaking conflict :) VERY well written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. This has been a great experience to really refine my villains and get everything to work right. This was such a great Blog Fest.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I really feel for him. His internal struggle is fantastic. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. turmoil was the first word i thought of
    excellent job!

    have a sweetheart of a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, excellent. It's always hard to know if I'm hitting the right nerves, but you nailed it.

      Delete
  5. Oh man. The 'hot tears over my last kiss' got me. My heart was like "NO!!!" Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's very tragic, and those words, while a little purple for me, fit him very well. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes, it is very sad, especially since Warwick thinks he's been trapped into this choice.

      Delete
  7. I knew I liked him! Poor Warkwick. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Warwick is my (current) favorite bad guy.

      Delete
  8. I love the internal conflict. Poor Warwick. I really felt for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really feel for Warwick too. He's been growing on me.

      Delete
  9. Oh how sad. There's really no choice is there? But it doesn't make it any easier to bear, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man. Intense and powerful and leaving my heart sad. Wow. This is a great entry. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh, I was pretty hesitant to post it, but now I'm glad I did.

      Delete
  11. Wow, I like the chakka, it reminds me of chakras and then it makes me wonder how the character is connected to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I hadn't thought about the Chakka/chakra, but it's not a bad connection to make. The characters are linked to their chakkas on a very deep level. You cannot pass them back and forth, and the longer a person has a chakka, the better they are able to use it. It's sort of complicated, but the chakkas are as unique as the Knights who wield them.

      Delete
  12. What a heart breaking choice. This was such a sad scene and you really captured the raw and intense emotion.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.