Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

It's just Meme


As promised, the 11 question Meme. Again, thanks to Jess over at Ink Spot Splot for tagging me.

1. What food can you not stand to eat?

Eggplant, and it’s complicated. See in the field there are exactly two things that are important: food and sleep. At my summer field camp we never got enough of either. The cook thought he was trying out to be a gourmet, so instead of spaghetti and hot dogs (hello, college students hiking for 14 hours a day in 108 degree weather? Did we want stuffed egg plant? No. Fried chicken: yes) he served eggplant for one whole week and wondered why we were all pissed at him. I lost 25 pounds in 40 days. Yeah, I hate eggplant that much. Sorry that sounds so harsh, but it was personal by the end of Field Camp. 

2. What was your favorite book as a child?

Oh man, I have to pick one? Okay well if kid means 10-12, then any book about StarTrek, or in the Star Trek series (mostly TNG, but I’ve got a lot of the original cast too). If it’s 12-14 then it’s a tie between White Dragon (Anne McCaffrey) and The Fellowship of the Ring (Tolkien). Now if kid means 6-10, then it’s going to be Robert Asprin and the Myth Series with a side helping of Heinlein’s Podkayne of Mars.

3. Which author would you like to ask 11 questions? (Dead or alive.)

I’ve never really thought about this one, but I guess if I had to pick an author to grill I’d really like to sit down and talk with Anne McCaffrey (I was so sad when she died).

4. If you were an evil villain, what would your villain name be? (Sorry, I kind of have villains on the brain right now.)

If? What do you mean if?

5. What toy could you not be separated from as a child?

Well this is embarrassing, but it was a stuffed rabbit from the care bears. Ah, those were simpler times.

6. If you woke up in the morning and found out it was a snow day/blizzard and you had the day off from work... what would you do?

Go play in the snow with my daughter.

7. What is your favorite memory?

So, I have a pretty eclectic family history, and my father races cars (Spec Fords, if you’re curious). One time, we celebrated Easter at Laguna Seca (famous race track). We went hunting for Easter Eggs between turns 3 and 4. It was awesome.

8. If you were a kitchen utensil, what would you be and why?

Butter knife. It’s not quite right for every job, but it can do just about anything with a bit of jerry rigging.

9. If you could live in any painting, what would it be?

Anne Stoke’s Secret Garden

10. What do you want people to say about you when you go back to your next high school reunion?

You’re more you than I remember.

11. You've just become a celebrity and it's time to create a breakfast cereal... what would you name it?

Torrid Tarts.


Right, well I think that just about covers it. And since I’m determined not to let this linger any longer, here’s the lucky tags. 



Kathy @ Imagine Today
Elizabeth @ Myself without the Shell, but I'm suspicious that pretty soon she might be too busy to take the 11 question challenge.

And here are my questions:

1.If your luggage got lost on vacation, would it ruin your vacation?
2. If you could publish any of your trunked novels right now, no questions asked, which one and why?
3. Who is your hero? Who is your villain?
4. Speaking of Villains, who is your all time favorite villain?
5. Disneyland or DisneyWorld?
6. If someone told you that a book you hated writing would go on to be a bestseller for months, but in the mean time you had to rewrite it another 6 times, would you?
7. Kirk or Picard? (and I meant he Shatner Kirk. The Chris Pine Kirk is a whole new creature).
8. What was your favorite book in high school?
9. Is there anything about your life that you would change?
10. You are offered an opportunity at true immortality, do you take it?
11. What is the hardest thing you have ever done in your life?

Okay, and now I go teach 250 students about the power of Hurricanes.

15 comments:

  1. You were asked some very creative questions! Thanks for tagging me, I just posted on my blog, so I will answer these next time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rena. I will have to do all my awards next week. But I can't wait to answer one of the questions.

    PICARD. (of course)

    LOVE the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great questions! Erm... what's eggplant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eggplant is a member of the deadly nightshade family (i.e. related to tomatoes). It is a beautiful purple color, but I happen to thoroughly despise the plant in terms of edibility. You can read up on it here.

      Delete
    2. Erm... here . I think blogger hates me today...

      Delete
    3. Heh, I was going to ask this too, thanks Annalisa :-)

      Delete
  4. 25 pounds in 40 days! I might have to go shopping for some eggplant tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well, the secret to that weightloss plan was that I just didn't eat. Or at least I ate just enough to sustain me until another meal came along (lunches weren't that bad).

      Delete
  5. Ha ha...Fun questions! The eggplant diet may be just what I need! Thanks for the tag—I will answer those soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was so terrible being stuck in the middle of nowhere with soggy, bitter eggplant and a grumbling belly. And we were hiking upwards of 15 miles a day. We were so tired, I just wanted bowl of spaghetti *sigh*.

      Delete
  6. Ugh. Eggplant. Poor thing.

    I also had a Swift Heart Care Bear Cousin. (And I'm embarrassed that I remember that's what they were called.)

    Great answer for #10.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Torrid Tarts! Perfect name for a breakfast cereal. And I wasn't familiar with that painting... it looks like a perfect spot to have a talk with Anne McCaffrey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great meme! Your favorite memory...awesome! I like your questions too, particularly #10. As for eggplant, I've never cared for it either, but liver remains #1 on the do not like list.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.