Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Now that I'm back...


…I realize that I’m a terrible blogger. I drop off the internet without warning, and then I have a hard time coming back. I don’t know how you guys put up with me (google readers, no doubt). But have no fears, I'm not stopping any time soon.

I’d like to thank Annalisa for tagging me in the 7x7, which gives me a taste of both my fantastically narcissistic side as well as a good place to start getting back to normal blogging.

The idea is that I link back to my favorite posts on this blog in the following categories with a note or two about them. Seeing as I have some 180 posts, there should be plenty to choose from.


Most Beautiful

Know Thyself. Without a doubt this is one of my all time favorite stories, and I’m always sort of sad that I wrote it so early on in my blogging career.

Most Helpful

I’m going to cheat. It wasn’t the most helpful for my readers, but it was the most helpful for me: My first IWSG post. All those writers getting together and sharing has been wonderful for me, and I’m so glad I took the plunge to join in.

Most Popular

Without Question, my most viewed post ever was The Voice, followed closely by Stats for The Voice. I don’t think I need to say why (there were 200 contestants, of course they were curious about the competition). I had a great time with The Voice, and I learned a lot. And thanks to some recent feedback, I’m back to working on the novel again before I send out any more queries (seriously, good stuff coming).

Most Controversial

I guess my most controversial post is Good Advice, But How? It really isn’t that controversial, but I know some people who are pretty opinionated. I’ve never posted anything that really got people’s knickers in a twist to start a fantastic flame war of doom conversation on a real topic.

Most Surprisingly Successful

The James Bond Villain Cat… It’s a short post about my cat, but it is wildly popular. I guess having a catchy title really does help…

Most Underrated

And entertainingly underrated. See, when Google went through and rebooted Blogger, it ate my page views. ALL OF THEM. So this post isn’t really underrated, but it is the only post for which I have a comment but no official page view (I told you this would be an exercise in narcissi). If you don't believe me, here's what this post looks like in my dashboard


Most Pride-Worthy

I don’t know that there is one I can pick. It’s not that I don’t have pride in my work, it’s that I try not to toot my own horn (yes, I know this is a blog post about tooting my own horn). Worse, the stuff that I love where my writing is fantastic and what not, my friends usually tell me stuff like “you were trying too hard” or “That’s a classic case of purple prose.” So, in general, if I’m proud of it, it’s roasted shyt on a stick. So here we go, the ever enjoyable Sparkfest Post: The Book I Desperately Needed.

Alright, and now I’m supposed to link to seven other people… This is the part I suck at.



Part of the problem is that this one has been going around for a while now, and I've been on and off the interwebs for a while now, so I don't know who's gotten tagged. So instead, I'm going to Tag fictional people, and maybe someday I'll go back through and post as them for their seven posts (someday like when I get an agent or a book deal).


I'm tagging:


Raphael of the TMNT
Vader, home address 1 DeathStar Boulevard
America Singer from THE SELECTION
Luna Lovegood
Seneca Crane (maybe he could do links to the arenas instead of blog posts)
Geordi LaForge NCC 1701-D
Schmendrick the incompetent Wizard from The Last Unicorn

(Alternate: He-Man's Battle Cat Cringer)






8 comments:

  1. That was a fantastic selection of posts. Thanks for taking part. I love how you tagged fictional characters - I'd love to know what Vader blogs about :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually thought about Vader's blog.

      In that first movie he's such an impossibly scary guy, but then when you consider the prequels, it makes me wonder, how could Anikin be that guy? It just doesn't make sense. Anti-Jedi, doesn't mean pro-Empire...

      Well, it'd be a political blog for sure.

      Delete
  2. Dude, Geordi's site is probably way boring. No one would be able to understand on the engineering lingo he used. But maybe he would dish about Data. ;0)

    I'm coming up on my 1 year blogoversary and I've been thinking about my posts. Have they all been random mindlessness? LOL. Great choice for you award. And I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine Geordi's site goes something like

      Thursday: Everything was great today. Good job team.

      Friday: Everything was great today. Good job team (side note, party in holo deck seven set for Saturday evening. Reminder: this time we're trying out dangerous sports of the twentieth century, so bring your hockey sticks and your programs of automobiles for car surfing).

      Sunday: Holodeck party cancelled when we encountered a rift in the space time continuum. The captain wasn't that concerned, but considering engineering's last party in the holodeck he decided to put us on high alert. I suspect he's still peeved about us egging the ship's computer into programming a sentient virus that tried to destroy the entire Enterprise. I tell you, one off handed guess and the captain treats me like I'm best friends with Q. I still can't confirm with Science that there was a real space time rift. I think the captain has it out for our party.

      Monday: Saved the Universe (again!). Great Job guys.

      Delete
    2. Haha. I am dying. Now I must go watch Next Generation on Netflix. ;0)

      Delete
  3. I love the IWSG. I think joining that would be one of the first pieces of advice I'd give any new writer. It amazes me how encouraging people are.
    Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your blog...

    Wanted to drop by and say thanks for joining the "What If?" blogfest! I'm stoked to see your entry! And new follower here... so glad to be connected ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you guys are hosting the What if blogfest (such a great idea!). And I hedged about joining in, but then I had an idea and I cannot WAIT to share it!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.