Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sometimes, a song says it all

I've been into epic fantasy for many years. Seriously, I read Lord of the Rings by the time I was 10. I've read a number of tomes I had to read at the table because they gave me carpal just to hold them.

But there's a problem with epic fantasy. If you read Robert Jordan, you know what I mean: time. Yup, it takes time to write those monuments to literature. Lots and lots of time. So if you're a fan of  the Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire), you might enjoy this song.



Now back to trenches.


(I got this from a friend, Circia, who picked it up from Wil Wheaton, so I'm not awesome enough to get this stuff originally, I just pass it along like a disease vector.)

4 comments:

  1. robert jordan was king!
    game of thrones is dragonite! reading ahead of next season right now
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. Thanks for passing the song along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious. I don't read epic fantasy but I've been on the receiving end of rants on how long they take. But that can apply to anyone in the middle of an incomplete series. It's torture waiting for that next book to come out. *skips away singing about George RR Martin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read Game of Thrones, but have read my share of epic series... This song cracked me up. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.