Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

A Bloghop!


So today is the start of the Hookers and Hangers Blog hop hosted by the lovely ladies over at Falling for Fiction. I’m going with my first three chapters, and already I can see that I need to work on these. I usually don’t write with the intent of making a sensational first line (except for chapter 1, but I already know that I need to cut that part out and stick it where it belongs almost 100 pages later). Hop on over to Falling For Fiction, sign up and spend some time reading around. (I can’t wait to see what other people have!)






Chapter 1
Shoes. If anyone ever asks what I was thinking as I fell through the interdimensional portal to Underhill, I can honestly say, "shoes."

Chapter 2
While holding a love letter from the crush of my dreams to my dear best friend, I did what any sane girl would do: I fled to the bathroom.

Chapter 3
I waited until I heard the janitors.

25 comments:

  1. I LOVE your first line! What self-respecting girl wouldn't be thinking about shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I preferred the second one - made me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. The voice in these is spectacular. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent voice! Love how you start this story! What a perfect hooker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, awesome, awesome first line! Made me laugh out loud! Great hooker, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1 and 2 are awesome- so much personality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that first line. You have so much voice in these. #2 is pretty amazing as well. Can't wait to read your hangers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What on EARTH is going on in with number 3? That is a good line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA! LOVE it! Lines 1 and 2 are particularly catchy but line 3 makes me want to know even more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! The first line reminds me of the bowl of petunias falling through the air in Hitchhiker's Guide.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! So cute. You really get a feel for who she is right away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these! Especially that first one - love me a girl who loves shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with everyone else--that opening line is fantastic!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an awesome opening line. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The voice in these lines is great. I'm not a shoe gal, but my younger self can totally relate to #2!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the first line, because it's such a strange thought. Not, where am I going? What's happening? Nope. Shoes. :)I'd be drawn in to that. Also, the second one rocks. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are great! put us in the scene and feel the voice! awesome!
    dont doubt yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha. That first line makes me go 'huh?' I guess she really likes shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Strong voice here. I think the first line is great! It tells me there'll be good humour in this book which works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahahaha, I really like the humour in this character's voice :D I draws me right in

    ReplyDelete
  21. I girl just has to look out for her shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like your protagonist. It's cool that she thinks about shoes in times of stress and runs to the bathroom when things get awkward (as any sane girl WOULD do -- I should know!). Nice job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are all awesome - the shoes one is my fave. Great way to start a story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I actually like the 2nd one the most. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.