Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Something I enjoyed

I thought I had a post, but it turns out I'm just sick.

I've been sick for a while, and I'm starting to think my judgement may have gone with my health.

As such, I'm going to leave you all with a book recommendation:




I just finished Soulless by Gail Carriger. It's not a new title, but if you haven't already stumbled across the series, I give it a hearty shout out. Two thumbs up. It's corsets and vampires told from the point of view of a spinster who is vexed most by having a father who was both audacious enough to be Italian and worse, dead.

I had a blast reading this silly book, and I hardly know why. It took just a few pages for me to become completely swept up in the adventures of a parasol wielding spinster, and if you enjoy an entertaining read with vampires, werewolves and smart heroines, then you'll love this.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go thank the gals at my local bookstore for pointing this one out to me. So much fun!

12 comments:

  1. We are in the same sickness boat together...boooo. Thanks for the book rec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check that out!I mean even the premise is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's funny, I'll read it for sure. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this one around but haven't read it. You may have just convinced me.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the same thing as you...the first few pages, and I was hooked. Lucky for you the series is done and you don't have to wait for the books to come out like I did.

    All of the other books in the series are just as good as the first one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. there are so many books that tons are new to us! we should read more of them as it will be us some day! get better quick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I hope you start feeling better soon.
    I saw this book a while ago and wanted to read it, then totally forgot about it! Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this series!
    And i'm super excited to giver her YA series in the same universe a read when it's available

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is in my TBR pile. I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you've been sick. You're not alone. We'll pull through this thing together, okay? Okay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never heard of this. Thanks for sharing. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.