Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Something fun

So I've been messing around with some audio editing software, and I found some that's really fun: Audacity.

It's freeware, and it's really powerful. When I had just gotten my Bachelor's degree, I had a job making educational films. At the time all of our software was state of the art, awesome, and this audacity program, which is free, does everything the pro version did, only better, and easier to use.

And why am I messing around with audio software, you might ask?

Well, I've joined up the A to Z, and instead of writing, I'm going to vlog. I know, the point of A to Z is to write, but you all know I'm a rule breaker. So for the month of April, I'll be posting stuff up on Youtube and linking back to the blog. I doubt I'll get more than a couple handfuls of views, but let's just say that it's something I've been meaning to figure out so I can do video chat with people. So you guys are all my guinea pigs beta viewers.

Yay, back to messing around with music....

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Good for you Rena! I can't wait to see your vlogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how technology is developing - it's all so fast! Great idea for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait! I think it will be a neat change. (and being a notorious rule breaker, I'm sending you a high five!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never really played around with any music. Sounds like fun though. I'll have to check out audacity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea! I'm trying to be more creative this year for the A-Z but I'm having a hard time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this idea!
    when you figure it out, explain it to me & tell us what you learn! i'm excited to see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Audacity on my Mac, and you're absolutely right. It does a lot of things the expensive 'pro' programs do--at least for my own purposes. I'm looking forward to checking out your videos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome news and a great lead to a great bit of software (pun intended for all the software lovers).
    I hope to use this to punch out an audio book version or two of my novels/novellas.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.