Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Time for that A game.

I'm ramping up to Warp 9.9 over here. That sort of means I'm going to be awol a bit from the blogosphere.

Whenever anyone says something like that it spawns a ton of questions, so I'll just head them off at the pass (to use another corny line).

No, I'm not about to quit blogging. I love blogging and the connections I've made with each and everyone of you.

No, I'm not suffering from blog fatigue. In fact, if I had my druthers, I'd blog more (and more AND MORE), but the reality of the situation is that there are a limited number of hours in any given day. I'm already pushing the maximum out put so something has to give.

No, I'm not putting my WIP on hold, though I am cutting back there as well. That hurts, oh that hurts. I want to finish draft 1.5 so I can edit it to draft 3.0 and start thinking about what agents might actually like it. Then I'll send it to a new round of betas...and see that, just the mention of my WIP and I'm jumping off the crazy optimist bridge. That's not my usual way. I'll try to contain my enthusiasm, well, at least on the outside.

No, I still do not have a defense date ::shakes fist in the general direction of advisor:: but the whole reason I'm moving to Warp 9.9 is the dissertation. I'll let everyone know when I do get one because I'm probably going to throw a party.

Yes, I'll still be posting, just infrequently and only when I have something to say. There's just no way to keep to a MWF schedule right now.

Yes, I'll still be reading other peoples blogs and commenting as much as I can.

 Seriously, this is just a case of giving myself some breathing room. I feel like I've been given four impossible tasks, so I need to find some time.  

10 comments:

  1. I'm sad you need to take the time away, but I hope it helps give you the time you need.

    I'll see you on the other side of the galaxy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and it's not that I won't be posting, it's that I won't be posting MWF. I'll still crop up (probably on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays). And I'm not going to stop commenting on other peoples blogs, so I'll be around (I even signed up for a blog fest, why do I love those so much?)

      Delete
  2. I'll just show up whenever you have time to post :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah. I know that not keeping my schedule isn't the end of the world, but it's good to have confirmation of it. I really will still be posting, but I feel it's fair to warn people that I might not be quite as available as usual. Finals and the dissertation are going to give me some fits, but this too shall pass.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. I can use all the luck I can muster. I have a committee meeting next week where I basically have to prove to my committee that I have been working on a project that really is deserving of a doctorate degree. Oi, why does academia have to be so esoteric?

      Delete
  4. Put on you "A" game today. Gotta love it!

    Stopping in as an A to Z Blogging Challenge participant. Please feel free to visit and comment on any of my blogs as well, leaving a link to your own post, so my readers can find you too!

    All on Blogspot.com and all in the A to Z Challenge

    Meme Express: Blog Prompts & Topics for Writers
    Nickers and Ink: Poetry & Humor
    Heart of a Ready Writer: Bible and Devotional
    Practically at Home: Home & How-To’s
    The Mane Point: A Haven for Horse Lovers
    Working in Words: Tips for Writers

    You can click my name/icon for links to all these blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Linda. I'm not actually signed up for the A-Z. I know myself, I have crazy low discipline, and I'm a dreadful breaker of rules. If I were to do an A-Z I'm sure I'd start at Z and take the letters in whatever order I fancied.

      Delete
  5. Best of luck w/your dissertation. I absolutely understand being spread to thin. At times like that I have to cut away everything that is not integral to survival, then I can start adding things on one at a time (almost like a food allergy test).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a serious kick out of thinking about my dissertation as a food allergy. I'm definitely allergic to the dissertation, now if I could narrow it down to either the science or the committee, I'd be set.

      Delete

I love comments! Let me know what's on your mind.